Centre for Social Forestry & Eco-Rehabilitation (CSFER), Allahabad
Centre for Social Forestry & Eco-Rehabilitation (CSFER), Allahabad was established in October 1992 as an advanced Centre under the umbrella of ICFRE, Dehradun. Presently, it is a centre of Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun. The Centre aims to nurture and cultivate professional excellence in the field of social forestry and Eco-rehabilitation in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Mandate of Division:
- Rehabilitation of Degraded eco-system: To conduct research to evolve suitable packages for eroded areas, stress sites, saline/alkaline soils with low moisture retentivity, degraded forests, pasture and grazing land, mined areas and other wasteland.
- Research and demonstration in social forestry, farm forestry and Agro forestry: To evolve appropriate technology and technological packages in social, farm and Agro forestry vis-à-vis prevailing tree crop combinations.
- Planting Stock Improvement: Identification and development of seed production areas, production of quality planting stock and standardization of planting techniques for forest species.
- Sustainable Forest Management/ Silviculture of forest species.
- Policy Research: To conduct socio-economic surveys to know the constraints and expectations in forestry sector.
- Forestry Extension :To organize the extension programs to ensure sustainable development of natural resource ecosystem.
|Ongoing research projects|
|S. No.||Name of project||PI name||Designation||Project duration||Project Members Name||Funding Agency|
|1.||Evaluation of Indigenous Tree Species for Reclamation of Salt affected Lands in agro-climatic zones of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.||Sh. Alok Yadav||Scientist -D||2017-2020||Dr.Anita Tomar
Dr. Anubha Srivatav
|2.||Assessment of Suitable Species/Clones of Eucalyptus for Promotion of Agro forestry in Eastern U. P.||Dr.Anubha Srivatav||Scientist -B||2016-2019||Dr.Anita Tomar
Sh. Alok Yadav
|3.||Development of Gmelina arborea and Emblica officinalis based agroforestry models on degraded lands in Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh||Dr. Anubha Srivatav||Scientist -B||2017-2020||ICFRE|
|4.||Bio-remediation of Bauxite residue (red mud) a waste product generated in Alumina Industries through integrated Bio-solid Microbe combination||Dr.Kumud Dubey||Scientist -E||2017-2020||Dr. Anubha Srivatav||MoEF & CC.|
|1.||Socio economic Impact study on mining and mining policies on Livelihoods of local population in Vindhyan Region of U.P||Dr. Kumud Dubey||Scientist -E||Completed in 2017||Dr. Anubha Srivatav||NITI Aayog|
|2.||Development of Melia dubia based agroforestry system for different agro-climatic zones of eastern Uttar Pradesh||Dr.Kumud Dubey||Scientist -E||Completed in April ‘2017||Dr. Anubha Srivatav||UPCAR|
|3.||Restoration of Sand Stone Mining Area of Vindhyan Region through Microbial Technology||Dr.Kumud Dubey||Scientist -E||Completed in March 2017||ICFRE|
|New Project initiated|
|1.||Poplar based Agro forestry in Eastern Uttar Pradesh||Dr. Anita Tomar||Scientist -E||2017-2020||Dr. Anubha Srivatav||U.P. Council of Science & Technology, Lucknow|
- Development of suitable technological packages for afforestation of stress sites.
- Development and demonstration of site-specific social, farm and agro forestry models to ensure enhanced and sustained productivity.
- Standardization of nursery techniques and seed technology of some lesser known plants.
- Development of suitable technological packages for restoration of degraded forests.
- Research related to plantation management of priority tree species.
- Eucalyptus, Poplar and Melia dubia based agroforestry in eastern U.P.
News and events:
Forestry based inter-school competitions , Brain storming session, Van mahotsav, World Environment Day , Biodiversity Day , Maha Kumbh Mela, Kumbh Mela, Kisan melas, Industrial training , consultancy meeting
|S. No.||Name||Designation||Photo||Tel. No|
|1.||Dr. Amit Pandey||Head and Scientist Gfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2.||Dr. Kumud Dubey||Scientist Eemail@example.com|
|3.||Dr. Anita Tomar||Scientist Efirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4.||Dr. Dhirendra Kumar||Under Secretaryemail@example.com|
|5.||Dr. Alok Yadav||Scientist Dfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6.||Dr. Anubha Srivastav||Scientist Bemail@example.com|
|7.||Dr. V. P. Pandey||Research Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8.||Dr. S. D. Shukla||Research Assistantemail@example.com|
|9.||Sri Siyaram||Section Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10.||Sri Harish Kumar||Lower Divisional Clerkemail@example.com|
Office Contact no.:
Director , CSFER
Centre for Social Forestry and Eco-rehabilitation, Allahabad
(Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education)
3/1,Lajpat Rai Road, New Katra, Allahabad-211002
Phone: +91-0532-2440796 (O)